20 March 2010

Israeli basketball

Basketball is definitely not soccer. I mean, I know it's not, but in terms of Israeli sports--there's a big difference between a Beitar Jerusalem game and a HaPoel Migdal Jerusalem game, which is what one of our madrichim from Rothberg took us to tonight. Thank goodness there was no racism, but there were also no organized cheers whatsoever. There were also plenty of seats left, and very few people standing--though I was told that part of that was the fact that it was a Saturday night game and a lot of Jerusalem's fans are religious. Anyway, the game in videos:

Hatikvah, lots of insane basketballs flying everwhere, and a view of the crowd:

Ramat Gan's team doing well at the beginning of the game:

And a video of Jerusalem doing well, because that is my city for the year, after all:

Ramat Gan only did well in the beginning; by the second quarter Jerusalem was creaming them and I lost all of my attention span. Really, sports games need to be close to be interesting. It's no fun when Jerusalem wins 107 to 68, with the margin only growing over the course of the game.

Oh well. At least we won?

No comments:

Post a Comment