05 October 2009

Village Green

Yesterday I discovered a really cool restaurant: Village Green. Really, this place is cool because it reminds me a bit of the US. While I can easily find falafel and pizza and pasta places in Jerusalem, I've been mourning the lack of pie and muffins in my life. They just don't seem to exist in most places (other than a 32NIS piece of pie at a couple places - way too expensive!), and it's sad. I love pie, and I mill my normal Brandeis breakfast of yogurt and a carrot or corn muffin. I walked into Village Green yesterday to give them a flyer for our next JOH event and there they were, among other things, right near the register: carrot muffins and apple pie. Pie! Muffins! And cheesecake (which is a pie), and a bunch of other kinds of muffins. Heaven. Pie and muffin heaven.

I will gladly pay 18NIS for a piece of cheesecake. I miss it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment