13 August 2009

Cat food

Today I followed a string of meows and stumbled upon cat feeding ground. There I found a woman surrounded by what seemed like every cat on campus. The woman, I discovered, is a law librarian who took over the feeding while her friend was away. The cats are taken care of after all; my skinny cat even has a name already, Neftali (which is much better than calling her Bone(s)). Even with the food she brought, though, many of the cats didn't get to eat anything, and those who did eat did so by pushing each other out of the way. None of the cats ate much, but I could tell how glad they were to get what they did.

I think that I'm going to buy a box of cat food next time I go to the grocery store. It doesn't cost that much--10 NIS--and maybe it'll make some of these cats trust me a bit more.







No comments:

Post a Comment